Brandt's Martial Arts Program Home Page
Welcome to Brandt's Martial Arts Program!! Join us on Facebook!! Please take the time to read the website for important information regarding class and testing policies. There is also a bulletin board in the Dojo.
My name is Eric Von Brandt; founder of The Brandt's Martial Arts Program. This is also a Member School of the Black Knight Karate Association. I teach 4 separate classes to the dependent youth at Ft. Campbell, Ky.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Ages 5 to 8 - 5:00 to 6:00 pm (1700-1800)
Ages 9 to 18 - 6:00 to 7:30 pm (1800-1930)
Wednesdays and Fridays
Ages 6 to 8 - 5:00 to 6:00 pm (1700-1800)
Ages 9 to 18 - 6:00 to 7:30 pm (1800-1930)
The training for a "Program Student" is a little more intense than the regular curriculum. All that are eligible to enroll, are welcome. One free class is available to see if you really want to do this. If interested contact Grand Master Brant
1. We will train our hearts and bodies for a firm and unshaking spirit.
2. We will pursue the true meaning of the martial way so that in time, our senses may be alert.
3. With true vigor we will seek to cultivate a spirit of self-denial.
4. We will observe the rules of courtesy, respect our instructors and refrain from violence.
5. We will follow the oath of this hall and never forget the true virtue of humility.
6. We will look upward to wisdom and strength, not seeking other desires.
7. All our lives, through the discipline of Karate, we will seek to fulfill the true meaning of the way.
8. We will use what we learn only in self defense or to help someone whom can not help themselves.
What is Karate?
Karate requires you to make a strenuous effort Night and day, before you achieve understanding. Strong Spirit and Will Power, so that we can overcome our own interests. It is very importantto exercise every day, not to become bored, not to give into anguish. Essentially, the purpose of Karatedo was to protect ourselves, but now through Karatedo we are not only training our bodies,but our minds.
Therefore, The Way is not to attack another, but to restrain yourself; we should not do harm to others. Accordingly, your emphasis should not be on skills, but on training yourmind. If you are impatient, you cannot expect improvement in your skill The major teachings of Karatedo are to achieve confidence in yourself, to be polite, maintain peace and tranquility of mind. You should pay tribute to your parents, ancestors and master. You should also be in harmony with your friends. You must keep them in mind and not become arrogant and over- confidant.
It is extremely important to keep and show reverence to your master, otherwise, even if you are great at Karate, you will follow the path of extreme, your desire for understanding can never be attained. If you stop learning Karate, spontaneously you are forced to do that. You have to know it is a long way to polish your skill, train your spirit and keep tranquility of mind; to get rid of our own interests and do what is the right thing. After you become aware of these, you will know the greatness of Gods. For you to achieve this you must discard your own interest and then you will understand The Way.
- To learn Martial Arts fully one must embody the entire Martial Arts Philosophy. Without the mind the body is useless.
- Strength by itself is not equal to knowledge, and knowledge is not equal to training; but to combine knowledge with training, and one will get strength.
- Correct hitting is invisible. An enemy should fall without seeing your hands.
- Store force like one drawing a bow; issue force like shooting an arrow.
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. But better not expect others to do unto you what you would do unto them.
Click above photo to link to FACEBOOK page
WHAT IS TAEKWONDO?
Taekwondo is a modern martial art, characterized by it's fast, high and spinning kicks. There are multiple interpretations of the name taekwondo. Taekwondo is often translated as 'the way of hand and foot'. My definition of the name Taekwondo is
- Tae='to strike or block with the foot' or 'to kick', it also means 'jump'
- K'won='Fist', 'to strike or block with hand'
- Do='The way of' or 'art'.
Put this together and Taekwondo means: "The art of Kicking and Punching" or "The art of unarmed combat". The sport has been founded in Korea and is one of the popular modern martial arts.
Taekwondo has four disciplinces which are explained in a seperate page/chapter of this site. The four displinces are:
It is the combination of these four disciplines that makes the art called taekwondo.
- to develop an appreciation for Taekwondo as a sport and as an art
- to achieve physical fitness through positive participation
- to improve mental discipline and emotional equanimity
- to learn self-defense skills
- to develop a sense of responsibility of oneself and others.
2018 MOTTO: INTEGRITY - The quality of being honest, and having strong moral principles. Moral uprightness. To a Martial Artist this value can not be comprimised.